Submission of the pre-application file
April 15, 2022
Sending of the preliminary thesis project
April 22, 2022
Assessment of artistic prerequisites
May 5, 2022 (HEAR, Strasbourg)
Publication of results
To be specified
Step 1 :
the pre-application file
In order to participate in the practical test, essential for enrolment on the ICM Ph. D course, candidates must send by E-mail their pre-application file (in French, in German, or in English) before Friday April 15, 2022 at 6 p.m. (at the latest), to Mathieu Schneider, director of CDFA ICM/DFDK IKF, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pre-application file consists of the following documents:
- the research topic, completed with the name of the thesis supervisor (or co-supervisors in the event of joint supervision for the thesis) and the name of the artistic supervisor,
- a covering letter (1 x A4 page maximum),
- a CV (3 x A4 pages maximum),
- the specific technical requirements for the practical test and a description of it.
In addition, the pre-application file must also include:
- for performers, a 45-minute audition programme related to the research topic,
- for composers, a list of the compositions presented.
An application fee of 60 euros must be paid before May 5, 2022 to the Académie supérieure de musique de Strasbourg (Cité de la Musique et de la Danse, 1 place Dauphine, 67000 Strasbourg). To do so, please contact Thibaut Gindensperger at email@example.com.
Step 2 :
the preliminary thesis project
The candidates must send by E-mail their preliminary thesis project, before Friday 22 April, 2022 at 6 p.m. (at the latest), to the following E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The prelimnary thesis project must be written in French if the candidate plans to enrol in a PhD program at the University of Strasbourg, or in German if the candidate plans to enrol in a PhD program at the HfM.
The preliminary project submitted (15 to 20 pages maximum including the bibliography) is not necessarily the one that will be submitted later to register for the thesis. It may be a preparatory version that it is still possible to modify. It must have been discussed with the prospective thesis supervisor.
The following must also be submitted with the project:
- for composers, a file of composition works which must be related to the research topic,
- for ensemble conductors, a recording of works, which must be related to the research topic.
These compositions and recordings of works will be presented and discussed with the jury during the practical test.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Alexandre Freund Lehmann